September 22, 2008

Day 22 of 30 Day Meditation Challenge

I practiced concentration meditation by simply focusing on the breath, at 5:10pm for 10 minutes. I rested my head on a bigger/higher pillow during this session.

A few minutes in a calm state I felt forceful upward sensations several times and a few jolts. These sensations were very different from usual and I think they were a result of changing a flat pillow for a higher one. Maybe my spine wasn’t straight enough, of course, I’m just making assumptions. It could really be any number of things.

I have a tendency to end my sessions when I experience these sensations excessively. During these IBMs or odd sensations I become too alert that my awareness is back on my body. However, I do feel calm and relaxed enough to meditate a bit deeper. I don’t plan on increasing the time I spend on meditation, 10-15 minutes is more than plenty, at least for now.

Since my recent astral experience I’ve been hearing a persisting static sound in both ears, mostly in the right, throughout the day. Thankfully, it’s not as loud and sharp. I experienced this before and it was during a time when I was practicing meditation. It might be that my sense of hearing is becoming sharper.

No comments: