June 5, 2010

Thinking about Fasting

I will be starting a fast soon, in fact there are few cleansing body detoxing systems I've been looking at. However, for now I'm trying to balance my nutrition intake - which I need to do through my eating habits. Let me tell you, it is pretty hard and in the beginning I tried to rush in completely with a high raw vegan diet because the inspiritation was very high at the time. Now, I think there is this importance to taking small baby steps - my baby steps have been pretty big however I'm taking a few steps back from the vegan route to the vegetarian route.
I seem to have an addiction to cheese.

I think the best thing I could do now is understand my cravings which is something that I've been doing and I've come up with an easy solution. As an example when I tried to understand my craving for fatty food I did research on fats and it's importance and discovered that there are good fats and bad fats - I then started to incorporate a lot of good fats (avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil) and minimized my bad fat intake (in my case fried food and animal fat). So I found a good replacement for fats. However I think I understand my addiction to cheese having to do with taste rather than it's contents and this is something I'll resolve over time.

No comments: