December 4, 2008

Resuming Meditation

I've resumed my meditation practice as of this evening.

Started at 6:00pm by practicing deep breathing for 5 minutes, then in a relaxed state I followed my breathing sensations. Surprisingly I was able to clear my mind of thoughts almost instantly and entered a calm state of mind. Got deeper and felt the usual IBM's which were not distracting at all. I opened my eyes thinking quite some time had passed - it had been only five minutes so I closed my eyes, entered calm state once again. This time index finger on right hand raised up several times, breathing had become very soft almost nonexistent but present.

Ended session at 6:20pm.

My intention is to continue practicing meditation, hope I don't stray again. I'll report back any further developments.

No comments: