December 17, 2008

Meditation Progress: Smiling and Wave Sensations

Yesterday evening I meditated twice, the second time was unintentional. Started at 5:45pm. I didn't bother with a deep breathing exercise this time nor did I focus on my breathing, instead just allowed my body to relax by itself and left my mind to its busyness.

Almost instantly I began getting visions of random images, my recall of this is vague right now as I didn't bother focusing on it much. What really got my attention focused was the sensations in and around my body. I'm not sure how to describe it but it felt like a gentle wave wash all over my body, then I felt a loosening which I thought was probably the astral body. I also started smiling involuntarily - not that I was complaining. There was a deep sense of peace associated with the smile. I felt really light, perhaps because I was feeling really good. Overall the first session went very well. I opened my eyes at 6:00pm and felt like napping.

While taking the nap, once again I felt the wave sensations and smiling involuntarily. I woke up at 6:10pm - I was surprised because I felt like I had woken up from hours of refreshing sleep.

No comments: